Guide to Zoom for TeleConsultation sessions
What is Zoom?
Zoom is an easy-to-use, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing. It is used to deliver telehealth services around the world.
What do I need to access Online Counselling via Zoom?
To attend a Zoom teleconsultation session you need:
A computer (desktop or laptop), tablet or smartphone (iOS or Android)
A web cam and microphone/speaker (or headset) – most laptops, tablets & smartphones have these built in
A reliable internet connection with sufficient data (4G can work but a wired or good Wi-Fi connection is better)
A suitably private space to do a teleconsultation session
You don’t need a Zoom account to join a meeting.
Downloading and Installing Zoom
Downloading and installing Zoom is easy and should only takes a few minutes. If you plan to use:
A Desktop or laptop computer, go to https://zoom.us/download and install Zoom Client for Meetings
An Apple ipad or iPhone, go to the App Store and install the free ZOOM Cloud Meetings app
An Android tablet or phone, go to the Google Play store and install the free ZOOM Cloud Meetings app
Testing Zoom to ensure you’re ready for Online Consultation
Once you have installed Zoom we recommend you test your internet connection, microphone and speakers and camera prior to your scheduled appointment
Attending an Online appointment
1. Make sure you have given your consent for the electronic Consent for Teleconsultation Services form before your appointment time.
2. You will also need to download the free app called Zoom, though it is not required.
3. Check your email. Immediately prior to your appointment time, you will be receiving an email from your psychologist.
If you have an online appointment on Zoom, simply click the meeting link we send you, and it will open in any web browser, or via the zoom app on your smart phone or tablet. If you haven’t got Zoom yet, don’t worry, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click the meeting link.
4. In the email, there will be a link beneath the words, "Join Zoom Meeting". Click on the URL underneath Join Zoom Meeting. Click Join the Meeting (you do NOT have to “Sign In” or “Sign Up”) by entering your Meeting ID and Meeting Password (you will get a new meeting ID and password for each session)
5. You will be asked if you should open this meeting in Zoom. Click Open.
6. You will be able to join the meeting if it has already been started by your psychologist or enter a virtual waiting room and you will be admitted as soon as your psychologist is ready for you. Your psychologist will “accept” you and the session will start.